Friday, March 9, 2012

Valentine's Day

It’s been a while since Valentine’s Day but I’m still trying to catch up on my blog writing. I received two valentines from students. Actually one of them is not my student but my class room is his turf and I always help him with his chemistry homework. The first, from one of the boys in my chemistry class, was written on a small red heart. He made the valentine in Quinn’s class because they were doing a project for which they all got a heart and could write about anyone or anything that they wanted. All of the valentines were turned in to Quinn at the end of their class. I’m pretty sure he never meant for it to end up in my hands, but Quinn gave it to me later that day. On the front it said:

To my best teacher Miss Abby
Your student _________

And on the back it said:

Coming every morning to see your smile and to see you. Your smile keeps me going, everyday your smile keep me going through bad to good all day.

The 2nd valentine I received in person and was from two students: the same one who wrote the red heart valentine and the boy whom I help with his chemistry homework. I’ve included pictures of the elaborate drawings. The front is a picture of a waterfall and says Happy Valentine Days. It opens up to reveal a note framed on both sides by two roses and lots of little pink hearts. It reads:

To: Miss Abby
Happy Valentine day my dears friend, we just want to say thank for being a loving, caring and loyal friend. Your our friend from far places and we hope you enjoy your Valentine’s Day present.
Love always,
_______ and ______

These are the types of things that keep me going when I’ve had a rough day dealing with some headache inducing, crazy children. Sometimes teaching can feel useless, hopeless, and extremely frustrating. So such genuine notes are a much needed reminder to me that I’ve touched the lives of at least some of these kids in a positive way. Best Valentine’s Day cards ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment